Pastor Parrish continues his series What Jesus Taught, The Works Jesus Wrought and What the People Thought.
Today’s passage is Matthew 9:1-8 And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city. And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth. And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. And he arose, and departed to his house. But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.
1. The Fame of Jesus Had Spread.
2. The Faith of 5 People Noted by the Lord
3. The Fact that the Greatest Need of Every Man Is Forgiveness of Sin.
4. The Failure of the Religious Leaders To Know This is the Lord.
5. Jesus Showed He Had Power to Forgive and to Save.